26 Feb Melissa Hoyer shares her ‘Beauty Favourites’
Melissa Hoyer is a Sydney-based commentator on news, style and pop culture issues and is also Entertainment editor-at-large at www.news.com.au. Melissa can be seen regularly on TV shows like Sunrise, The Morning Show, Weekend Sunrise, A Current Affair, Today Tonight and on various radio shows. Melissa is not only a glamorous media personality, she is also a single mum who juggles her busy working life with the joys of being a mother.
Aside from all the ‘glam’ in her world Melissa also lends her time and support to regular fundraising causes. Melissa always looks stylish, fresh faced and fabulous. Needless to say I was eager to hear all about her beauty routine…
* How would you describe your daily skin care routine?
Very, very simple. I make sure I take all foundation off – TV make up needs serious removal! And I let my skin just ‘breath’ on its own for awhile before I slather it with a great series of cosmeceuticals – my faves are from Zecca Cosmetics in Sydney.
* Do you have any beauty secrets or rituals you swear by?I love light and laser treatments. Nothing invasive, but I do make sure I drinks lots of water and keep my skin hydrated. My favoured facials are from Zecca, Next of Skin and Salon X in Paddington.
* What is the most important aspect to you of looking after your skin?
I always protect it from the sun. The damage was done in my youth but I have been able to get it back to a happy state thanks to a series of peels light, lunchtime laser treatments and active cosmetics.
* Do you have any products you simply couldn’t live without?
I love SK11 face and eyes masks, a Clarisonic cleanser, Rationale and Zecca products, and La Prairie for sheer indulgent and effective skin care.
*What was your last make-up purchase?
A red lippie. ‘Rush’ by Natio from Priceline: great red, great price! Plus, I just bought MAC and Chanel foundations.
*How would you describe your ‘everyday’ make-up style?
Lippie. A defined eyebrow and sheer foundation and a quick spray of ModelCo’s Tan In A Can!
* Do you have any tips to stay looking radiant while keeping up a busy schedule?
Keep applying the lippie and go light on foundation during the day otherwise it does tend to soak into fine lines!
You can keep up to date with Melissa by following her blog/website HERE