18 Feb The Texture Trend
There’s no denying that the texture trend in hairstyling is going from strength to strength. Just when you thought you’d seen enough beachy/salty hair to last you a lifetime, texture is back with a vengeance…. but it’s a little different.
Textured looks on the runway have now become a more soft lightweight looking texture rather than the salty, waxy looking texture we were seeing previously.
“Hairstyles seen at New York, London, Milan and Paris fashion week show a strong reinvention of tousled, natural looking textured hairstyles” Says international session stylist Iggy Rosales.
“In the key shows like Chanel, Givenchy, Fendi, Balmain, and Burberry they all featured soft variations of this effortless texture”.
“We see a shift from use of heavy product to much lighter styling products being used to create this type of texture. By using the more lightweight products the hair can easily be transformed into minimal up-styles like the soft twists seen at Valentino or the ethereal braids at Chanel. The texture trend has moved toward something which is now very wearable, which means that this will be a trend that we’ll see reinvented in many ways” says Iggy.
- We started the look by using a dollar sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Oil throughout damp hair to add shine and softness. We combed the product evenly through the hair.
- Next we used Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection Spray spritzed liberally through the hair and blow dried it in.
- Once the hair was dry we used a curling wand to add a soft wave throughout the hair.
- When we finished waving the hair we used Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to give the style hold, luminosity and to make sure the waves wouldn’t drop out over time. We then shook the hair out and loosened the waves, which gave it a textured, tousled look.
- The key product in this look for achieving this soft texture was Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream. By applying a dollar sized amount throughout the hair once we had heat styled it created a soft lightweight texture with a beautiful light gloss. The hair is now ready for styling anyway you wish with a beautiful soft texture!
Buy Online HERE-
PHOTO: THOM KERR
MODEL: MARIIA @ CHIC