04 Feb Temptation- playing with gold and gloss
Need inspiration for a sexy summer look? I’ve got what you need!
In this stunning editorial I combined glossy locks, glossy skin, subtle hues of colour on the eyes and lips and lashings of golden detail.
When adding metallic detail to your look you need to be careful, adding high sheen products to the wrong area of the face can cause an unflattering result. I suggest keeping metallics to the eyelids, under the eyes, lips and fingernails. Avoid cheeks, brows, nose etc.
The same can be said for the hair, it can be a fine line between adding the right amount of gloss to make the hair really pop and adding too much and weighing the hair down and making it look dirty. You need to make sure you’re using the right products in the correct way.
- We started the look by using a dollar sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Oil throughout damp hair to add shine and flexibility. We combed the product evenly through the hair.
- Next we used Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection Spray spritzed liberally through the hair and blow dried it in.
- Once the hair was dry we used a straightening iron to start creating our waves. We did this by turning the iron one way and then the other as we moved it down the lengths of the hair. This created a beach wave, rather than a curl.
- When we finished waving the hair we used Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to give the style hold, luminosity and to make sure the waves wouldn’t drop out over time. I then shook the hair out and loosened the waves, which gave it a textured, tousled look.
- We finished the look by running a dollar sized amount of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream through the hair to add more lightweight texture and gloss.
Buy Online HERE-
PHOTO: THOM KERR
MODEL: MARIIA @ CHIC
VIDEO: EMILY SMITH- IVORYLUXVISUALS@gmail.com