14 Sep Summer Hair CARE with Barney Martin
Summer is just around the corner and I am always asked at this time of year ‘what should i be doing to keep my hair in good condition?’ As the weather gets warmer hair often gets drier, brittle and damaged. I decided to ask an expert for some essential tips to summer hair care.
1. You should wet your hair with fresh water before swimming in chlorinated swimming pools, this will help prevent the harsh chemicals penetrating the cuticle and drying your hair out.
2. Try to avoid over bleaching your hair in Summer, the sun will naturally lighten your hair so avoid over colouring in the lead up to the hotter months
3. Avoid heat styling every day – summer is the best time to let your hair dry naturally, try having a heat free day once a week (this should be a rule you stick to all year round).
4. To combat the drying effects of the elements when your hair is left with little moisture, I’d suggest going into your salon regularly to have deep conditioning treatments, especially if you have bleached hair. These will help restore the lost moisture and will also help close the cuticle and make the hair more shiny and manageable, rather than brittle and susceptible to breakage.
5. Make sure you always use heat protection sprays and serums when blow drying or straightening your hair.
6. Ask advice from your hairdresser to work out your hair type so next time you are shopping for shampoo and conditioner you know what to look for. E.g. if you have fine hair, go for volumising products.
7. If you have straight hair and want to give it some more waves, go to bed with your hair damp in a twisted top knot. Let it out in the morning for natural-looking beachy waves. Spritz with hairspray to hold.
- · To tame severe frizz and rebellious locks try Pantene Hydro-Surge Revitalizing Shampoo and Conditioner RRP $14.99 each
- · For an intensive rinse off treatment try Pantene Nature Fusion Intensive Penetrating Treatment RRP $6.99
- · For a treatment that works during the night try Pantene Night Miracle Leave on Creme Serum RRP $9.99
- · For flexible all day hold and a healthy shine try Pantene Stay Smooth Hairspray RRP $6.99
Thanks Barney! xx