02 Feb Seductive Beauty
Want a look that gets heads turning and hearts melting? Smoky eyes, black nails and sexy waves are the perfect ingredients for a seductive beauty look.
To achieve the ultimate sleek vintage inspired waves the hair needs to be in prime condition, with maximum shine, zero frizz and no visible split ends. And the perfect smoky eye comes down to a great quality black eyeshadow, good blending brushes and a killer set of falsies!
* We started this look by applying a dollar sized amount of Moroccanoil Styling Gel throughout the hair. This prepared the hair for styling and gave the waves structure and hold which was essential to create our desired sleek finish.
* We followed this by applying a small amount of Moroccanoil Frizz Control throughout the hair. This product is fantastic at eliminating frizz and keeping hair smooth and manageable throughout the day. It’s also a favourite of my own for the steamy Summer months to keep my hair from getting fluffy and frizzy during the day.
* We used a curling iron to curl large sections of hair. We started each curl about 3 inches from the roots of the hair and sprayed each curl with a generous amount of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray. Curling the sections around the face forward rather than away from the face gives the wave an old Hollywood look rather than a 70’s bombshell style wave.
*Once all the hair was curled we gave it a final coat of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray which not only gives the style hold but also radiance and luminosity. We then used a hard bristled brush to thoroughly brush out the curls and create a soft bouncy wave. To set the waves we used small alligator clips to arrange the hair into place and left them in for 30 minutes before removing them.
* Once the style was complete we used a pea sized amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Oil to nourish the ends and give the style maximum shine.
* I used Clinique Even Better Compact Foundation which is a full coverage, matte finish foundation. This is a cream to powder finish which glides on beautifully.
* To define the brows I used Benefit Browzings in Dark. This compact is a beautiful wax and powder combination which gives the brows loads of natural looking definition.
* I used the Clinique Eyeshadow Quad ‘Jenna’s Essentials’ which has a great black eyeshadow in it. I coated the eyelid with black eyeshadow up and into the crease. I also used a narrow brush to define the lower lash line with black eyeshadow. It’s essential to have a great blending brush to gently blend the eyeshadow into the socket line of the eye so that it looks like a soft smoky shadow rather than a hard line of eyeshadow. I followed this step by lining the eye on the inner rim and the top lash line with a black kohl pencil and a generous coat of mascara.
* I used Glam by Manicare ‘Alessandra’ False Lashes with a nude lip liner and lipstick.
Buy Online –
Moroccanoil Frizz Control HERE
Moroccanoil Treatment Oil HERE
Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray HERE
Moroccanoil Styling Gel HERE
Clinique Even Better Foundation HERE
Clinique Eyeshadow Quad HERE
Glam by Manicare Alessandra lashes HERE
MODEL:Erin Shea @ IMG
BEAUTY ASSISTANT: ALIX HIBBERD
VIDEO: EMILY SMITH, IVORYLUXVISUALS@gmail.com