11 May Earthy Tones- How To Rock Matte Make-Up
Matte Make-up is currently a BIG thing, and nothing screams sexy sophistication more than warm matte earthy tones. Previously thought to be dull and dated matte make-up is back with a vengeance. This type of matte make-up has a radiant glowing quality that isn’t shimmery or shiny just a muted ‘glow from within’ look.
TIPS FOR PERFECTING MATTE MAKE-UP
* Make sure the skin is well hydrated before applying make-up, this will add to radiance and a healthy glow.
* Use a liquid illuminate over the entire face before or mixed with foundation, this will create the ‘glow from within’ quality.
* Apply a dusting of matte bronzer down the sides of the face and across the brow, nose and jawline to add warmth to your look.
*Finish your base with a matte translucent powder.
*Opt for pigment rich eyeshadow with zero shimmer. Aim to combine three warm brown shades – light, mid and deep.
* Be sure to have at least three eyeshadow brushes to blend properly.
* Choose a peach or pink blush which has zero shimmer and adds a warm rosy glow to the face.
*Use a creamy lip liner to define the lips followed by a creamy matte lipstick that is comfortable to wear.
Photography: Thom Kerr
Styling: Lydia-Jane Saunders
Beauty: Bonnie Gillies @ Oz Beauty Expert using ModelCo Cosmetics
Hair: Iggy using Kerastase
Styling Assistance: Kathryn Blom
Model: Samantha Harris @ Chic