07 Nov Cover Girl Isabel- Stunning in Africa
I am in love with some of the images from Vogue Australia’s latest African editorial featuring Isabel Lucas. I can’t say I’ve really been a fan of Lucas before, but she has totally won me over with these images. She looks amazing. And while I’m sure if I saw her interviewed her airy fairy demeanour would probably still drive me crazy, I think she makes a stunning cover girl.
Hair and Make-up was done by dynamic duo Sarah Tammer (make-up) , and Kevin Murphy (hair). Isabel has done away with her trademark balayage look with her locks lightened to warmer platinum shade of blonde.
Tips to re-create Isabels stunning look.
* Add a styling product to the hair to add volume and beachy texture so your hair wont look flat. The idea is not have sleek shiny hair but to make it look more worn and salty textured.
* Take a section from the front of the head (fringe area) and lightly back comb (tease). Without being too neat, pin back using bobby pins slightly off centre.
*Sweep the rest of the hair around to one side and plait down over one shoulder. Once you have tied the end with a band gently pull strands loose from the plait and pull outwards loosening up the plait so it looks messy and loose.
* Finally pull some strands loose around the face and spray with hair spray to keep in place.
Try Fudge Salt Spray perfect for creating beachy tousled hair with loads of volume. $19.95
* Apply a concealer to cover any blemishes then dust a fine coat of mineral foundation over the face. Mineral foundations look natural and dewy.
* Apply an illuminate cream or powder to the cheeks, brow bones and eye lids for a luminous glowing complexion.
* Find a blush that is a dusty apricot colour and apply to the cheekbones, from the front of the cheekbone up to the hairline.
* Apply a light to medium brown matte eye shadow to the upper eye lid and to the lower lashline. This doubles as a liner underneath.
* Next apply a brown pencil liner to the entire upper lash line. Gently smudge with a brush or your finger. Followed by a generous coat of black mascara.
* Finally use a matte or slightly pearl nude lipstick. Choose a moisturising lipstick to keep the lips looking full.
Try Sax Cosmetics Lip gloss in ‘ Sweet Pea’ $12.95
* Choose a pastel apricot or nude polish for the nails.
Try Kit Cosmetics Nail polish in ‘Flyaway’. $15.95