26 Jul Brows to Go Please: My Quick Brow Essentials
Brow perfection is an addiction. Once you’ve experienced the power that well shaped arches can have on your confidence, makeup game, and probably your love life… there is no turning back.
Seriously, who needs a hair brush when your brows are on point?
Unfortunately, time does not stop for eyebrows and when you live a busy life it’s often our daily makeup routines that will suffer.
I am here to tell you that you can avoid being late, and still keep your eyebrows in check. The key is simplifying your routine so that it is quick and easy.
Here are my simple steps to achieving dreamy brows in a flash:
- Brush through your brows with a spoolie (eyebrow brush)
- Use an eyebrow pencil in a shade similar to your natural brow color and lightly line underneath your eyebrows. Start from underneath your natural arch and feather out to the tail, and then move inwards until you’re almost at the front of your brow
- Lightly outline the top of your brows, using less product as you move inward
- Next, use a powder or matte eye shadow to fill in areas where your brows are uneven with an angled brush
- Using whatever product is leftover, gently shade in the front of your brow using small strokes
- Brush through the hairs one more time with your spoolie, followed by a quick swipe of brow gel to keep the hairs in place
- Grab a concealer brush and a small amount of your foundation or concealer and follow just above or under the lines you drew with you pencil (trust me, no matter how perfect you think your work is this will improve it every time)
Bonus points if you keep all your brow tools together next to your bathroom mirror, ready for next time.
Here are my quick brow essentials ready to go.
If you don’t have all the tools you need, here are some products that I recommend:
Maybelline Brow Precise – This soft pencil makes it easy to outline your brows and there’s a spoolie on the end of the brush.
Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift – Triple threat alert…the brow lift offers an angled pencil which makes achieving definition easy, a spoolie on the end of the brush and a highlighter for under your arches.
L’Oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit – Includes a smooth powder, wax, angled brush, spoolie and tweezers. Keep this kit in your handbag.
Arbonne Eyebrow Gel – A clear, lightweight gel for all brow shades.
Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel – This textured gel is tinted which is great for enhancing your brow color or can be used to lighten/ darken your brows.
ModelCo More Brows – If your brows are particularly sparse, this one is a game changer. Small brush on hair-like fibers attach to your own hair and create thicker brows instantly.
Written by Sophie Howe.