27 Jan Bold Lines- Push Your Eyeliner To The Limit
When it comes to beauty there are no rules, everyone has their own creative voice over the way they wear their make-up and yet few of us are willing to step away from the norm and embrace a new look. Even when you are willing to try something new it can be scary knowing where to start and exactly how to reinvent your look.
Playing with eyeliner is definitely a great place to start. After all, you can keep your foundation, lips, cheeks and everything else the same, but add a little detail with a bold or intricate eyeline and you can create a stunning new look. And who says you have to make your eyeliner the traditional ‘cat eye’, ‘wing’ or ‘Cleopatra’ shape? That’s right, when it comes to beauty there are no rules! Play with new shapes, multiple lines, thickness and colour and the results can be striking!
There are so many great eyeliners on the market today that come in an array of colours, consistencies, and applicators and the best way to know what works for you is trial and error. For these looks I used a selection of my favourite eyeliners and thought up new shapes and designs.
Here’s what I like to use and why-
1. Maybelline NY Colour Show Pencil– This pencil is beautiful and soft and extra black! There’s nothing more annoying than a pencil that is hard to apply and hard to get a good rich colour with. I always make sure the pencils I use are soft and rich.
2. Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner- This is my absolute favourite liquid liner for creating tricky new shapes and sharp pointed wings. The unique applicator lets you create a beautiful sharp line with no lumps or bumps. It’s very easy to use and won’t rub off or budge all day.
3. MAC ‘Snowed In’ Liner- This is a beautiful nude, luminous eye crayon. It’s perfect for use on the inner rim of the eye to make them look bigger and brighter.
4. Rimmel Soft Kohl ‘Pure White’– A beautiful solid white colour that is soft and easy to apply. White eyeliner is so on trend now! Try experimenting with a bold white eyeline on the top lash line or a small stroke in the corners of the eye.
5. L’Oreal Paris Super Blackbuster Liner- This is a great product for beginners and experts alike. It works like a marker pen which gives you loads of control and makes it very easy to use. The colour is a rich block black colour.
PHOTOGRAPHER: THOM KERR
MODEL: ERIN SHEA @IMG
VIDEO: EMILY SMITH IVORYLUXVISUALS@gmail.com