22 Aug 5 Key Products To Take Your Look From Day To Night
If you’re like some modern women, you’re running from office to function to dinner, about 4 times per week. Or alternatively, you’re driving, cabbing or bussing around to meetings all day, only to run into an evening arrangement without so much as a spritz of perfume. And if you’re more the work from home type, the day usually involves errands, playdates, catch ups and all manner of meetings, amiright?
The point is, wherever the day takes us, we don’t always have the time to leg it home whenever we want a fresh face, nor heave around the sort of make up bag to start our look afresh, Kardashian style.
So what do you do if you’re a minimalist at heart (or at least in your handbag), and want a glamour look after work that won’t increase your layer of make up to 1cm like a wax statue?
Before I found the products below, I was also the victim of a sliding foundation, panda eyes and bleeding lipstick come 5pm. Eek! Here are 5 hero products to help my make up behave through out the day… and be the perfect accompaniment to a beauty fix for night.
- Primer. A primer gives you a solid foundation before your foundation. It will minimise pores, smooth out the appearance of your skin and hold foundation in place. I like Giorgio Armani MAESTRO UV MAKEUP PRIMER…. – a worthwhile investment for days that go on for days. It has antioxidants that mimic collagen and a solid UV formula that absorbs sun rays and protects against pollution.
2. For a foundation that doesn’t move, you can’t go past Revlon ColorStay Natural Make up. Since they’ve improved their formula, it has an easy pump dispenser, a higher SPF and new time release technology – which means your makeup will stay in place for up to 24 hours if need be, while still looking fresh and natural.
3. There are two reasons I love The Base LIP TO CHEEK TINT. One, it leaves room in my handbag and two, the soft, liquid formula leaves a more smooth and dewy finish on my skin than a more matte. Infused with Vitamin E and Green Tea Extract, this hydrating semi-fluid formula can be dabbed onto the apples of the cheeks for a flirty blush, or pressed onto the lips for a bee-stung, just-kissed look. Shade #90 is Burgundy is gorgeous berry colour that works with most skin tones and makes the whites in your eyes pop.
4. A flick of liquid liner like Youngblood Eye-mazing Liquid Liner Pen will give you instant glam – even when the rest of your eye make up has rubbed off. Eyeliner is best applied in the evening before you go out and is a classic complement to any outfit. The rich, highly pigmented colours in this pen glide on smoothly and effortlessly for intense payoff that dries down quickly and stays put without smudging all day. In addition to being smudge-proof, the liner pen is also water-resistant, which means it will stay put.
5. Nothing screams evening glamour like big bouncy hair – just think about Cindy Crawford in the 90s. Take your hair out ( a morning styling session would have been a bonus) and allow your fingers to arrange the style, spraying a volumising spray like GOLDWELL STYLESIGN 4 BIG FINISH VOLUME SPRAY sparingly on the roots. Tip your head upside down, then arrange again and you have a sultry look that will stay in place.
As a bonus, I always carry some eyedrops, perfume and a clutch in my bag. Change your shoes and pop in those chandelier earrings and you’re ready to face the night.